What We Offer
The youth ministry of Ardmore Baptist Church seeks to honor God in all we do. The Youth Division is actually made up of two departments:
- Middle School Youth (grades 7-8)
- High School Youth (grades 9-12)
Each department focuses on providing solid footing for faith development at each stage of the teenage years through education, recreation, fellowship, and missions opportunities.
Church Calendar (choose Youth from Interest Groups)
Each Sunday morning, beginning at 9:30 a.m., all youth, grades 7 through 12, meet in the Youth Place (located on the third floor of the Education Building). Sunday Bible Study classes are grouped by grade level and led by coed teaching teams.
On Sunday afternoons during the school year, youth have the opportunity to participate in Youth Sign Team at 4:00 p.m., Youth Handbells at 4:30 p.m. and/or Youth Choir at 5:00 p.m. At 5:45 p.m. the youth gather for a time of recreation and Bible study. The evening ends by 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday evenings at Ardmore Baptist Church are devoted to Missions Education. The Youth Place opens at 5:00 p.m. for youth to fellowship. 5:45 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. they have a devotional. 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. they have mission opportunities which include helping at a free medical clinic at Shalom Project, Hunger2Health Ministry (packing backpacks of food for Ashley Elementary students), Youth Handicrafters, and planning our KidNection worship services. Our Youth Sign Team practices 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Our missions program is not just a Wednesday evening activity. It aims for a lifetime of involvement and service. Our hope is to share the love of Christ with the community around us through meeting the needs of our neighbors.
Finally, each summer our group provides several additional opportunities to do missions on a much larger scale. Every other year, our juniors and seniors participate in an international missions trip.
Friday Morning Bible Study
During the school year our youth meet for Bible Study at at 7:45 a.m. We have two locations:
- Bojangles on Lewisville-Clemmons Road. Study is led by DeNeal Fowler and Betty Wright.
- Chick Fil-A on Peacehaven Road. Study is led by Kirsten Oakes and Jason Ritchie.
We schedule frequent recreational outings during the years. We also have basketball teams in the winter.
Teaching Targets for Youth
Our Leadership Team has set the following targets for our youth during their teenage years:
- Authentic Faith – What it means to have a real and personal relationship with God in Jesus Christ. Cultivating a meaningful prayer life and daily quiet time.
- Healthy Relationships – Discovering what they look like, the kind of commitment they take, and the Biblical principles behind them.
- Moral Boundaries – Living within the freedom of Biblical guidelines for morality. Knowing the dangers and consequences of moving outside God’s protection.
- Others First – Showing the love of God to others through our words and actions.
College Ministry provides fellowship and nurture for students attending the following colleges:
- Wake Forest University
- Salem College
- Forsyth Technical Community College
- Winston Salem State University
- Piedmont Bible College
- High Point University