Faith Formation & Engagement
What We Offer
"And we pray … that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God”. (Col. 1:10) This prayer of Paul expresses the objective of our Faith Formation and Engagement Ministry.
Faith Formation is the lifelong process of planting seeds of faith, cultivating and nurturing those seeds toward the end of bearing fruit. The term Formation reminds us that our creator God, who knit us together in our mothers' wombs, also forms us into Christ’s image or Christ-likeness. Robert Mulholland states it this way: "Spiritual formation is the process of being conformed (by God) into the image of Christ for the sake of others.”
Often referred to as the Christian Education or Discipleship, our Faith Formation and Engagement Ministry focuses on the development of our personal faith across the various stages of life – from birth to old age. Through Bible study, fellowship, and worship, we equip people for this faith journey which connects people with God. Together, we creatively teach all people God’s Word, equipping them to live out its truths through a growing, vibrant faith.
For adults, this faith journey is about engaging the whole person - head, heart, and hands – in a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- The HEAD signifies KNOWING - a working knowledge and understanding of God’s Word.
- The HEART symbolizes BEING - how we relate to God and others.
- The HANDS characterize DOING - how we engage our faith, putting love into action.
Our Adult Formation Ministry inspires a meaningful way of being Christian and putting faith into practice. The end result is that every ADULT faithfully lives out the truths of Scripture, modeling the love, forgiveness and grace of Jesus Christ.
Faith Formation also encourages engagement in the life of the congregation through the use of our unique talents and giftedness in service of the church.
Together we teach all ages the truths of scripture and encourage them to grow a faith that works in real life. Preschoolers and children, teenagers and college students, as well as adults, will find a host of formation opportunities at Ardmore Baptist Church. We invite everyone to journey with us toward mature faith and discipleship. There is a place for all ages in this essential ministry of bringing faith to life and engaging people in life-changing relationships. Join us on this journey, won’t you?
For More Information About Our Faith Formation and Engagement Ministry You May E-mail Lee Ritchie.
Praise, Prayer, Proclamation
Led by our pastor, this is a mid-week Bible Study and Prayer Service. Recent studies have been on:
Women's Bible Studies (see calendar for current studies)
Men's Bible Study (see calendar for current studies)
Weekday Bible Studies
A Women's Bible Study meets every Thursday morning.
Our Faith Formation and Engagement Ministry is designed around the following seven principles:
- Biblical Studies - It is our desire to help persons know, understand,and apply biblical truths to their daily lives. We provide weekly age graded Bible study groups and several weekday Bible study groups.
- Global Vision - Our church is built on a commitment to support missions here in our community, our association, our state, our nation, and our world. There are 10 Women's groups, a Baptist Men's mission group and age-graded children's mission groups. our church participates in many on-going and short term mission projects.
- Spirituality - Our goal is to help persons grow at each stage of their spiritual journey. the ultimate goal is to become Christ like. Various courses are offered to help members practice spiritual disciplines.
- Theology and Doctrine - We need to examine the acts of God in the process of history and then see how these events can be made relevant to each of us. Through preaching, Bible study, and special lectures and training events, our members learn what it means to be Christian and Baptist.
- Church History - We are proud of our history and our heritage as a Baptist Church, and our relationship to the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Studies in our history help us understand what it means to be "Ardmore."
- Church Life - Each church has a corp of volunteers serving in various places of leadership. Training of these leaders helps us provide the very best quality of leadership possible.
- Ethics - Moral decisions are daily challenges to our faith. It is our desire to prepare members to make moral and ethical choices as they present themselves in daily life.
Join us in our on-going Faith Formation and Engagement and grow in your faith, prepare for service and minister in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
We Welcome You!